FEE-HELP - Australasian College of Health & Wellness (ACHW)

Australasian College of Health & Wellness Pty Ltd (ABN 16 139036 721, TEQSA ID PRV13002) is an approved FEE-HELP provider provider and offers fee paying places within its undergraduate higher education courses. Eligible students may elect to defer all or part of their tuition fees by accessing the Commonwealth Government’s Higher Education Loan Program (HELP).

The information below and more detailed information about the loan scheme is available through the Commonwealth government’s StudyAssist website .


FEE-HELP is a loan scheme that assists eligible fee paying students pay all or part of their tuition fees. It cannot be used for additional study costs such as accommodation or text books. The total amount of FEE-HELP a person can use is known as the ‘FEE-HELP limit’. Once a person begins using FEE-HELP, the amount of FEE-HELP they have left to use is known as their ‘FEE-HELP balance’.

Eligibility for FEE-HELP*

You are eligible for FEE-HELP if you:

  1. Are either:
    1. an Australian citizen, or a New Zealand Special Category Visa (NZ SCV) holder who meets the long-term residency requirements, and will study at least part of your course of study in Australia,
    2. a permanent humanitarian visa holder (check www.border.gov.au for the list of humanitarian visa subclasses) who will be resident in Australia for the duration of your unit(s) of study, OR
    3. a permanent visa holder undertaking bridging study for overseas-trained professionals who will be resident in Australia for the duration of your unit(s) of study.
  2. Are enrolled at an eligible course at an approved FEE-HELP provider such as ACHW by the census date
  3. Submit a valid Request for FEE-HELP loan form to your provider by the census date (or earlier administrative date).
  4. Read the current FEE-HELP Booklet.

*As outlined in section 2.3 of the 2019 FEE-HELP booklet available on the Study Assist website

Additional requirements
You must also meet these additional requirements for FEE-HELP eligibility:

  • You are enrolled in an eligible unit of study by the census date for that unit;
  • You have not exceeded the FEE-HELP limit; and
  • You meet the tax file number (TFN) requirements:
    • you must give your provider your valid TFN; OR
    • if you don’t have a TFN you can give your provider a Certificate of application for a TFN. This certificate is available from the Australian Taxation Office after you have applied for a TFN.
    • For further information, please see the Study Assist website

Applying for FEE-HELP

  • You will need a TFN
  • You will need to read the FEE-HELP information booklet
  • You will need to complete a Request for FEE-HELP assistance form by the census date

You apply for a loan by providing your tax file number (TFN) and by completing a Request for Commonwealth Assistance form. Before you sign and submit your form you must read the current FEE-HELP information booklet. The request for assistance form will ask you to provide your TFN. If you don’t have a TFN, you can give ACHW a Certificate of application for a TFN. This certificate is available from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) after you have applied for a TFN. Contact the ATO on 13 28 61 for TFN information.

You must submit the signed and completed form to the Australasian College of Health and Wellness by the census date. If you do not submit your form on or before the census date, you will not be able to defer your tuition fees for that fee period.

What is a census date?
The census date is the last day you can:

  • submit your Request for a FEE-HELP loan form, or
  • withdraw your enrolment without incurring the cost or debt for that unit.

How much can you borrow?
Students should note that they can borrow up to the FEE-HELP limit to pay their tuition fees. The FEE-HELP limit is the total amount available to you under both FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP over your lifetime.
In 2017, the FEE-HELP limit is $100,879 for most students.

What else do I need to know?
There is a 25% loan fee applied to FEE-HELP loans for undergraduate courses. The loan fee does not count towards your FEE-HELP limit. There is no loan fee for FEE-HELP used towards postgraduate study.

Withdrawing or Deferring from a Unit of Study
You can withdraw or defer your enrolment in a unit of study at any time before the census date. If you withdraw on or before the census date for a unit of study you will not incur a FEE-HELP debt and you will receive a refund for any up-front tuition fees that were made on or before the census date. For further information, please refer to our Withdrawal, Deferral and Refunds Policy.

Special Circumstances
If you need to withdraw or defer because of a situation beyond your control, you can apply for special circumstances. For further information, please refer to our Refunds Policy.

Repaying your FEE-HELP
You have to start repaying your HELP debt through the taxation system once your repayment income is above the compulsory repayment threshold ($54,869 for the 2016/2017 financial year), even if you are still studying. Information on the compulsory repayment threshold level and the rate at which you must repay your debt is available on the StudyAssist website .

2016/2017 Fee Schedules and Census Dates
The fee schedules below contain the tuition fees and census dates for the units of study which make up ACHW’s FEE-HELP eligible qualifications. Please note that some qualifications may be completed online or on-campus depending on the unit or qualification. For students enrolling for courses commencing in 2017 and future years ACHW reserves the right to adjust tuition fees annually.

For Higher Education students seeking Recognition of Prior Learning based on experience only, an administration fee applies per unit for successful applications.

Schedule of Fees

Archived Schedule of Fees