Terms and Conditions of Enrolment
These terms and conditions apply to students enrolled in courses delivered by the Australasian College of Health and Wellness ('the Australasian College of Health and Wellness'), (TEQSA ID PRV13002), as well as any courses delivered for and on behalf of the Australasian College of Health and Wellness.
- I hereby apply to enrol in the course commencing indicated on the Application for Admission form (‘the Application’). I agree that on acceptance of the Application by the Australasian College of Health andWellness (‘Acceptance’), the Acceptance will become the Contract ofEnrolment (‘the Contract’) and further I agree to abide by the followingterms and conditions of enrolment:
- I agree that it is a condition of my enrolment that I achieve satisfactory academic progress throughout my course at a rate that will enable me to complete the course in the nominated duration.
- I agree that I am required to use my best endeavours to meet the requirements of the course selected and to abide by the policies and procedures of the Australasian College of Health and Wellness. I understand that if I breach any of the Australasian College of Health and Wellness policies and procedures or my behaviour is deemed unacceptable by the Australasian College of Health and Wellness, my enrolment may be cancelled and I may not be entitled to any refund of the tuition fees or other charges paid to the Australasian College of Health and Wellness under the Contract as applicable at that time. (Information on the Australasian College of Health and Wellness policies, rules and regulations is located on the website:
- I agree that all lessons and any related material supplied by the Australasian College of Health and Wellness are secured by copyright,remain the property of the Australasian College of Health and Wellness and must be returned to the Australasian College of Health and Wellness on completion of the course. I understand that any unauthorised copying may constitute a breach of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (as amended from time to time).
- Course fees include the cost of text books.
- I agree to advise the Australasian College of Health and Wellness of any change of my address and/or contact details while I am enrolled in any course.
- I acknowledge that I have read and understood the Complaints, Grievances and Appeals Policy outlined in this document, and published on the website
- I hereby acknowledge that I have read, understood and agree to the terms of the Enrolment Deferral Withdrawal and Refund Policy outlined in this document, and published on the website at
- I have read and understood the Credit and RPL Policy and Procedure published on the website at
- I confirm that the terms and conditions have been made available to me prior to enrolling and understand that any variation of those stated terms and conditions of the Application for Enrolment will be done in writing, which includes updating the Terms and Conditions on the Australasian College of Health and Wellness website.
- I confirm that the terms and conditions of the Australasian College of Health and Wellness payment providers have been made available to me prior to enrolling and as part of my application.
- I understand that withdrawing after a Census Date carries financial and academic penalty.
- The Australasian College of Health and Wellness complies with Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trade requirements relevant to each Australian State/Territory.
- I understand that if any fees are not paid by the invoice due date, the Australasian College of Health and Wellness may charge a late payment fee. If the Australasian College of Health and Wellness deems it necessary to engage a debt collection agency to collect the outstanding amount, all costs associated with debt recovery will be added onto the outstanding debt.
- I understand that student photos, video footage, details and achievements may be used for promotional purposes without written consent or notification. If you do not agree to publicity, please advise the Australasian College of Health and Wellness in writing.
- The personal information collected during my enrolment at the Australasian College of Health and Wellness may be disclosed to the Commonwealth including the TPS or State or Territory agencies and designated authorities where required for compliance with associated legislation with which the Australasian College of Health and Wellness must comply.
- All personal information will be handled in accordance with the Privacy of Student Information Policy and Procedure.
- It is my responsibility to keep a copy of the written agreement, payment receipts and all relevant attachments for my records.
Withdrawals and Refunds Provisions
- I understand that I must apply in writing should I wish to cancel my enrolment in an Australasian College of Health and Wellness course or withdraw from a Unit of Study, and that I can obtain a full refund of tuition fees related to that Unit of Study until close of business on the relevant Census Date. The date the written notification is received by the College is the effective Date of Notification of Withdrawal.
- I understand that if I transfer to another Unit of Study before close of business on the relevant Census Date the fees applicable to that new Unit of Study will apply, and that I am responsible for catching up on any facilitation that has already been provided.
- I understand that the Census Date is not less than 20% through each of the Study periods.
- I understand that if I advise in writing of my wish to cancel my enrolment in a course or withdraw from a Unit of Study after the Census Date there will be no refund and I will receive an academic penalty unless Special Circumstances apply as detailed in the Enrolment, Deferral, Withdrawal and Refund Procedure.
- I understand that if I wish to transfer to a different FEE-HELP eligible course, I must complete a new Request for FEE-HELP Assistance Form prior to close of business on the relevant Census Date.
- I understand that by agreeing to the Terms and Conditions and through the provision of the Australasian College of Health and Wellness complaints and appeals process, this does not remove my right to take action under Australia’s consumer protection laws.
Tuition Assurance Provisions
- I understand that tuition assurance for students is provided through the Australian Government’s Tuition Protection Service (TPS) and that this legislation sets out what happens when an education provider defaults (that is, when a provider fails to start or finish providing a course to a student, or a student fails to start or finish a course with a provider).
Complaints, Grievances and Appeals Provisions
- I am aware that in the event of a dispute between an individual student and the Australasian College of Health and Wellness, internal procedures are in place to facilitate the resolution of the dispute.
- I have read and understood the Student Grievances and Complaints policy and procedure which are published on the website: www.achw.edu.au.
- The Australasian College of Health and Wellness will ensure fair and equitable management of complaints, grievances and appeals by providing a transparent, timely and consistent process for resolving complaints, grievances and appeals.
- All students and prospective students are encouraged to resolve informal complaints through discussion with the persons or department involved.
- If the student / prospective student is not satisfied with the outcome they may choose to lodge a formal complaint or appeal via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students and prospective students must submit their formal complaint in writing via email to: email@example.com
- The formal complaint must include the providing the complainant’s name, contact details, details of the complaint and the steps already taken to resolve the complaint.
- Student Support acknowledges receipt of the complaint and ensures the complaint is addressed and the outcome is provided in writing to the complainant within twenty one (21) business days.
If the complaint is not upheld, then the complainant will be given a written explanation detailing the reasons for that decision. The complainant will also be advised of their right to access the internal appeals process if not satisfied with the outcome of the formal complaint.
- Where the student or prospective student is dissatisfied with the formal resolution, the student can lodge an appeal in writing addressed to the Student Support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Student Support will acknowledge the appeal in writing Student Support refer to the appropriate Committee/ Panel.
- If the appeal is upheld the student / prospect will be informed of the action to be taken to resolve the matter.
- If the appeal is not upheld the student / prospect will be advised of the outcome and informed of the external appeals procedure.
Depending on the circumstances of the case some bodies may require that the Australasian College of Health and Wellness internal appeals process first be exhausted before making an external appeal.
Additional non-tuition and administrative fees are published on the ACHW website and are updated from time to time. Refer to https://www.achw.edu.au/student-information/fee-help
The Australasian College of Health and Wellness reserves the right to change the particulars of the services, including changes to prices, courses, facilities and dates of programs where circumstances beyond the Australasian College of Health and Wellness’ control necessitate such changes or where the level of enrolments does not reach the minimum numbers required to operate a courseviably. The Australasian College of Health and Wellness also reserves the right to change course fees at its discretion.
Approval date 17/04/2023
Approval by the Chief Executive Officer